Wednesday, November 18, 2009

promise me that you'll cherish this

Alright, so I have been getting butterflies in my stomach again, lately.  And, drinking coffee.  Also, telling jokes.

I realized that I had been surrounding myself with a much more arrogant set than one should, and that I was letting them play out their arrogance.  I recoiled, went back to the friends I already knew and loved, while leaving the former to be their own way.  Some were humbled (and some were not,) but I have returned to giving them hope.  I have a lot of confidence in myself, so their self-importance no longer suppresses my free speech, because it's something I believe everyone deserves.  I've also found that other people have begun to speak against the pretension (and, in some cases, these people are strangers.)  It seems all very healthy.

I also came to the realization that common interest with someone is a very powerful weapon against self-hatred.  There is a certain sense of retribution that goes along with it.  And, as far as opinions go, you'd be surprised how many people share yours.  For how different we are, it is very important to realize how the same we are.

I learned that I need grow to love myself, but to do so in order that I may grow to love others in turn.

I remembered not to be afraid of talking it out.  My feelings, experiences, and views are just as valuable as those of anyone else, right?

You'll be happy to know: that's a rhetorical question.


Quote of the Week:
"I haven't been hugging you enough." -libby toff

Currently Bumping:
"My Girls" by Animal Collective
"Back on the Chain Gang" by The Pretenders
"The Ocean," "Don't Rush," and "Arrow" by Tegan and Sara
"Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus (without shame, motherfuckers.)
"Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show
"Honey" by Erykah Badu
"Ready, Able" by Grizzly Bear
"An Arrow in the Side of Final Fantasy" by Final Fantasy (Owen Pallett)
"The Dull Flame of Desire" by Björk + Antony


No comments:

Post a Comment